Introduction from the Managing Director
Vauxhall Finance plc has zero tolerance for the practice of slavery and human trafficking and we are committed to ensuring it does not take place within any part of our business or our supply chain.
Our business and its structure
We are a provider of auto finance solutions. We offer retail finance products to individuals and businesses to help them purchase vehicles. We also offer commercial lending products to dealers to help them finance and grow their businesses.
Our supply chains
Our supply chains include:
Third party providers of IT solutions, facilities management, operational teams, IT and office equipment, professional services, travel services, HR solutions and catering.
Our policies on slavery and human trafficking
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. We have developed an Anti-Slavery Policy which reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
Due diligence processes for slavery and human trafficking
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk we have taken steps to implement due diligence checks on new and existing suppliers. In addition to reviewing the supplier’s anti- slavery stance, we ensure that each contract requires the supplier to not engage in slavery or human trafficking.
We have in place systems to:
We have a dedicated Compliance Steering Council, which consists of senior representatives and key stakeholders from across the business.Training We provide training to our staff to ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking across our business and our supply chains.
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our supply chains;
- Mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains;
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains; and
- Protect whistle blowers.
We also require our suppliers to implement a zero tolerance approach to slavery, forced labour and human trafficking.Our effectiveness in combating slavery and human trafficking We will review our effectiveness in ensuring that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains by:
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31st December 2016.
- Ensuring all new and existing suppliers have in place effective anti-slavery policies and procedures;
- Raising awareness of this Statement and our Anti-Slavery Policy across Vauxhall Finance plc, including introducing new employees to the Statement and Policy as part of their induction; and
- Maintaining a log of all concerns raised and the actions taken relating to slavery or human trafficking in own business or our supply chains.