. Please note that the requirements below must be met. Failure to do so will result in charges becoming payable, as outlined below. You are responsible for the following:
1. If your account is in arrears, payment must be made to bring your account back up to date.
2. You must be in possession of the vehicle and must make the vehicle available for inspection. You will remain responsible for the vehicle until it is handed over to us or our inspection agents. Any damage to the vehicle before handover is your responsibility.
3. You will be required to present the V5 upon inspection of the vehicle. Details on how to do this can be found in the FAQs under the ‘What do I do with my V5?’ section. If you do not have or do not supply this document, a charge of £250.00 (VAT not applicable) will become payable by you to Vauxhall Finance.
4. You must supply up to date service history documentation upon inspection of the vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines. If you do not have a full service history or do not supply the documents, a charge of £270.00 (VAT not included) will become payable by you.
5. If you purchased GAP or other insurance or warranty products, such policies will not be terminated automatically as part of the Voluntary Termination process, and you will be required to continue to pay for any additional insurance product(s). If you wish to cancel your insurance policy or policies, you will need to contact your insurer(s). Please refer to your insurance policy documents for the terms and conditions and contact details of your insurer. You may be entitled to a rebate on interest as a result of early settlement.
6. If you wish to retain a private registration plate, you must change the registration plate before you end your agreement (which can take at least six weeks). If you have not changed your private registration plate but still wish to proceed with the Voluntary Termination of your Agreement, you will have to return the vehicle with the private registration plates (which we are not able to return to you).
7. If applicable, a valid MOT certificate must be made available upon inspection of the vehicle. If you do not have or do not supply the document, a charge of £350.00 (VAT not applicable) will become payable by you.
8. The MOT and road fund licence must be kept up to date until the vehicle is returned. If the tax expires during the termination process then you must complete the Statutory Off-Road Notice, return this to the DVLA and provide us with a copy.
9. You will need to make arrangements with our voluntary termination team to either:
a) return the vehicle to our inspection agent’s premises free of charge (where the vehicle inspection will take place); or b) book our optional collection/inspection service at your address, for which a charge of £60.00 inc VAT will be payable. One of our collection agents will contact you to collect the above fee. If you do not hear from our collection agent within 10 days of signing and returning your Voluntary Termination documents, please contact us.
10. The vehicle must be in a roadworthy condition at the time of inspection. This means that it must be legally drivable with a valid MOT certificate (if applicable). If it is not in a condition to be driven without danger, and safe and secure, you must notify Vauxhall Finance or our inspection agent when making the inspection/return/collection appointment. Should your vehicle require a tow-truck collection, then a standard charge of £36.00 inc VAT will payable by you, as well as a mileage fee charged at £1.20 per mile from the collection address to the closest auction house and any costs to restore the vehicle to a roadworthy condition. If you have failed to tell us that the vehicle is not roadworthy before the inspection, the inspection and collection process will have to be terminated and rescheduled. You will also have to compensate us for any additional costs we incur. If you select the collection option (as above) you will also have to pay a fee of £102.00 inc VAT to cover the costs of the failed appointment, rescheduling and the additional collection.
11. The vehicle mileage will be recorded at the time of the inspection and any excess mileage over the agreed allowance in your agreement will be calculated and charged in accordance with the terms and conditions thereof (if applicable).
12. If the inspection identifies that the vehicle’s condition is not considered reasonable for its age and mileage (please refer to the Wear and Tear Guide), either:
i) We will be entitled to charge you additional amounts to cover the cost of any necessary repairs or compensation for its reduced resale value; or ii) you have the option to postpone the return/collection of the vehicle to enable you to carry out the repairs yourself before returning the vehicle. You will need to pay a fee of £102.00 inc VAT to schedule an inspection after you have carried out the relevant repairs (which covers the re-inspection and collection/return appointment). Any repair work conducted must be in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fair Wear and Tear Guide. You will then need to contact our inspection agent to arrange re-inspection and collection/return.
13. Once you have made an inspection/collection or return appointment for the vehicle, you are responsible for ensuring that the appointment is kept. If you fail to keep an appointment, then you will become liable to pay a missed appointment fee of £102.00 inc VAT. Should you need to rearrange your appointment, you must inform our inspection agent no later than 4pm on the day before the appointment is scheduled (please note this does not include weekends) or you will be charged the above missed appointment fee.
14. Once the vehicle has been inspected, the inspection agent will give you a copy of the vehicle inspection report and you will be liable to pay for any repair costs being in excess of “fair wear and tear” as identified during the inspection.
15. You remain responsible for the vehicle until the vehicle is handed over to Vauxhall Finance or its inspection agent. If the Vehicle is damaged after inspection but before the vehicle is returned to us or our inspection agent (i.e. whilst still in your possession), you will have to pay our reasonable costs to repair the damage. If our inspection agent is collecting the vehicle, you will remain responsible for the vehicle until they have collected it.