Vauxhall Finance plc has a zero tolerance approach to the facilitation of tax evasion. As a business, we are committed to ensuring it does not take place within any part of our business or our supply chain. This supports our position as an ethical business in all our dealings with employees, suppliers and business partners.
We have implemented preventative procedures for internal and external channels developed by a cross-departmental team. These preventative procedures are comprised of our policy suite, the on-boarding procedure for employees, customers and suppliers, suspicious transaction monitoring and an ethics concern hotline for employees. We will review our effectiveness in ensuring that facilitation of tax evasion is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains by:
• Communicating our position and raising the awareness with employees by providing updated policies and communication on an annual basis;
• Communicating our position to customers via this public statement on our website;
• Making our suppliers aware of our position;
• Conducting risk assessments on the relevant parts of our business as part of our Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of Financial Crime Procedures;
• Not using or recommending the services of others who do not have reasonable prevention procedures in place; • Regularly reviewing our policies and procedures; and
• Where we have any suspicion of any wrongdoings leading to a failure to prevent criminal activities related to facilitating tax evasion, we will investigate these appropriately and notify HMRC.